Each person taking part in our Mud Dog Run event on Sunday 24 November 2019 needs to agree to the following terms and conditions as part of their registration.
1. The track is uneven with pot holes, some exposed tree roots and will be slippery, muddy and steep in some areas. The extended route has added obstacles. I have read and understand the information regarding this event and agree that I participate in this event at my own risk and at the risk of my dog.
2. This event will include running and walking on uneven surfaces with rocks, roots, slippery surfaces and up and down steep terrain. I acknowledge that participation in this type of event carries an inherent risk of injury, illness and in extreme cases death.
3. I agree that I will not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol during this event.
4. My dog is currently registered, fit, healthy, fully vaccinated and if female, will not be in season during this event.
5. In an emergency, I agree to allow medical or veterinary staff to treat me or my dog as they see fit.
6. I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for this event.
7. My dog will remain on a lead at all times, any faeces will be picked up and disposed of appropriately, and I will abide by all requirements under the Dog Control Act 1996, Western Bay of Plenty District Council Dog Control Bylaw 2016 and the Tauranga City Council Dog Control Bylaw 2008.
8. I will obey all course markings and directions given by event staff.
9. I will not smoke or consume alcohol on site.
10. I hereby allow the use of mine and my dog’s name and any images taken on the day to be used in the media and for marketing purposes.
11. I hereby agree that in the case of event cancellation due to extreme weather or unforeseen circumstances my entry fee shall be non-refundable.
12. I hereby acknowledge by this waiver that I release, and indemnify all persons, corporations, associations and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the event and their servants, agents, representatives, officers and employees from all claims for losses, injury and/or damage arising from this event. This includes but is not limited to the various committees, members and employees of all independent contracted suppliers to the event, local councils, cities and districts and their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents, volunteers, event organisers and sponsors, whether or not the loss, injury or damage is attributed to the act or neglect of any or more of them.