All fees associated with alcohol licensing are listed on this Fees and Charges
page. The applicable fee is required to be paid at the time of application. Online applications can only be paid by credit card and attract an additional 1.22% convenience fee charged by the bank.
To apply to apply for a Special Licence you must be 20 years or older.
What you will need to include with this application
- a copy of the Certificate of Incorporation if this application is being made on behalf of a company.
- a copy of the Manager/Responsible Person's original Manager's Certificate or latest Renewal Notice if this was NOT issued by Western Bay of Plenty District Licensing Committee.
- details (type/licence number) of any alcohol licence already held for the premise or conveyance.
- a sketch plan of the premise showing the following:
- the area for consumption of alcohol (including any outside area if applicable)
- the point of sale
- the principal entrance
(Note: If you are the licensee of an existing licensed premises, you are not required to supply a plan of the premise unless you intend to use an area that is not currently licensed)
- If you are not the owner of the premise or conveyance, a copy of the owner's letter of permission to consume alcohol on the premise